After a brief detour, away from the remix project, it is now done – or as done as I’ll need it to be.
As mentioned in a previous post, I only stumbled upon two minor problems:
- At the end of the ‘Get The Balance Right‘ track, there originally is a percussions part that I haven’t been able to find. At a point I thought that ‘Why’ (Remix), by ‘Bronski Beat‘ had the last part, but that was a dead end. Finally I replaced the percussions part, with a “percussion” part from ‘Why’, by ‘Bronski Beat‘
- Almost at the end of ‘Goodbye 70’s’ there is a echo of ‘Fashion War’ – the last line of the verse. I wasn’t able to reproduce this part in a satisfactory way, so this part has been omitted, unfortunately
Besides the two minor problems, the work with the remix went really smooth. There was of course all the hard work finding the correct parts of ‘Situation’ …
If I was to step back for a moment and look at the remix in detail; the first half of the remix is quite brilliant (cut/fade/overlay) but the last part is a bit dull.
It is as if, someone who really loves the music did the first part but the last part was finished by someone else – in a real hurry. And that is a shame.
- Audiograbber 1.83 – for exporting the CD tracks to WAV
- Adobe Audition 3.0 – for slicing and dicing
- Sony Acid Music Studio 10.0 – for gluing it all together
There has been used only a one or two digital effects on the track.
For your CD shelf or iTunes
To obtain your own copy of Servant and Re-Mastermix, please visit the Remix section or just click here …